Reserve your spot with a $150 deposit check to Lynne Kopaz.
1825 McLaughlin Run Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241.
134 Camp Soles Lane
Rockwood, PA 15557
General Schedule for Week (updated 8/7/19)
8:00-8:30 morning exercises, songs, anthems, prayer, announcements
9:15- 10:45 Language-based large group lesson
10:45-12:00 International Activity Time
Tuesday- Human Foosball
Friday- Choice: of outdoor Sport
12:00-12:15 Camp Sing
1:00-1:30 Kiosk /Bank/ change for lagoon
1:30-2::50 Lagoon/Liken (weather dependent)
Dorm/ Shower until 4
Down Time? See Doña Lynne for activities
4:00-5:15 Spanish- Language-based small group & cultural lesson,
French & German Activity 2
Tuesday-Cooking French/ Spanish / German
Wednesday-, Indoor Games
Thursday- Frisbee Golf
5:15-5:30 Camp Sing
6:30 7:00 After Dinner Dramas (Spanish), Song Session (German/ French)
6:30 Set up International Cultural Celebration
7:00-9:00 International Cultural Celebrations
Monday: Disco/Oktoberfest, Tuesday: Olympics
Wednesday: Carnaval/ Karnival/ Mardi Gras
Thursday: Quinceañera & Café, Friday: World Cup Soccer & Bonfire
9:00- Dorm Counsel – 10:00 Lights Out
1. Camp Sing happens just before meals. Each language does exercises, anthem, and before meal songs.
2. Large Group Language Sessions: New songs, stories, skits and show rehearsal in language groups, taught by language teachers, with counselor assistance.
3. International Activity Time:A variety of outdoor and indoor international camp activities, crafts & cooking mainly led by teachers, indoor & outdoor games & outdoor activities led by camp counselors.
4. Small Group/ TL Cultural Activity: Target language cultural activities, games and small group work depending on proficiency occur during this time, taught by language teachers, with counselor assistance.
5. Bank/Kiosk: students have the opportunity during that time to go to the bank to exchange money for Euros and use them to buy snacks at the kiosk. They have to use the target language.
6. After Dinner Dramas-Counselors lead each language group in a short dramas that continue throughout the week. The campers are the characters and decide on the storyline.
7. International Cultural Activity: Campers benefit from cultural experiences in German, French and Spanish.
8. Song-Session Split-Split into target languages, counselors lead rehearsal of songs being learned in large group